The Din of Inequity

The Din of Inequity

...yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

This is no longer a blog

I have decided that it's imperative that I find another thing to call this other than a blog. I've just seen too many instances lately of corporate entities labeling any page that's updated daily a blog, with the postings completely unattributed (presumably because they're just rehashed press releases or propaganda being posted by some nameless drone). As I understand it, that's not a blog. I expect to not only get a little of the flavor of the actual individual doing the posting, I expect some analysis or commentary, not just cheerleading for some corporation, TV station or magazine.

But since they will undoubtedly persist in misnaming their product in an effort to somehow ride on the credibility coattails of "real" bloggers, I guess I'd better change what I call mine in an effort to avoid confusion and deny them any chance to hog my spotlight (once said spotlight swings over to my tiny, WAAAAY upstage mark).

Trouble is, I don't yet know what to call this thing. 'Spect I'll have to sleep on it or something.


|| Bikeboy 12:09 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment