The Din of Inequity

The Din of Inequity

...yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Shout out (with excuses)

I just wanted to send a shout out to whoever it is that's using an AOL account to visit my poor little blog on a semi-regular basis (via bookmark, no less)!* Thanks for playing. Yeah, I know that kind of gives away how few visitors I actually get, but hey--you've gotta start somewhere, and if I'm friendly, maybe he or she will bring a pal around next time.

I apologize for the irregular posting this week--I've been in the throes of one of my regular, and semi-frequent, bursts of mind-numbing busywork, putting a host of new images and copy up on our company website to coincide with another mailing of our catalog. With my mind all numb like that, and with my nether regions in a similar state**, it's hard to get it up for writing an essay.

Essay. I'm an essayist. That's it--not blogger, but essayist. Now I just have to figure out what to call the website where one posts one's essays. Given my opposition to making nouns into verbs, I've got my work cut out for me.

Anyway, things are heading back to normal, and it won't be long until I've hired an assistant to saddle with the truly stultifying tasks like image processing and cutting-and-pasting copy. Hopefully I'll be back with a new essay tomorrow, or at least Monday.

*Ain't stats servers wunnerful?

**It's amazing how still I sit when I'm doing that kind of plug-and-chug work, and it makes my ass (and today for some reason, other near-seat equipment) really tired and beat-up-feeling. Some unfortunate confluence of trousers and underwear seems to be exacerbating the problem, but it's always an issue when prepping for a new catalog drop. That and monitor psychosis--the computer equivalent of a thousand yard stare, only your eyes are fixed on a point about 24 inches away.


|| Bikeboy 5:49 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment