The Din of Inequity

The Din of Inequity

...yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Pre-vacation bonus Blog!

I just saw these two headlines on the Yahoo! homepage.

New Jersey Smart-Growth Plan Flourishes

Well, duh.

Aging Octopus Finds Mate At Last In Alaska

That's Internet dating for you. Hasn't this octopus guy watched any hockey? I can hear his new girlfriend when they meet in "person" for the first time--"Hey, nice to meet you...say, watch out for that iceberg!" "Too late, lady--you're gonna need a zamboni, or at least a putty knife, to get him unstuck now. Ugh, he's gettin' ink everywhere."

* How about a digression that doesn't digress from anywhere? I just wanted to register my disappointment at the general broke-ass-ness of the new Blogger interface. The login is dodgy, the new features are pretty useless if you know basic HTML, and the bolding feature doesn't work right. I hope they get themselves sorted out over the next 10 days or so.

OK, so this is worse than I thought. First, I thought Blogger was so broken that I couldn't post anymore. Then it turned out to be worse than that--I have to post to the fucking thing with Explorer. Fucking Explorer! What a bunch of retards. I logged in with Explorer, and discover that all my attempts to post with the far-superior Opera browser were actually successful, it's just that Blogger's now too buggered up to reply properly. So I went in to edit my posts and remove the four excess postings, and what do I discover? Ta-daaaa! The "edit posts" window doesn't work right, even in Exploder. I managed to get it to work, but barely. I tell you, if this interface doesn't work with at least SOME other non-Microsoft browser, Blogger and I may be finished. Blogger will be like an aging octopus stuck to an iceberg, and I'll have to decide to scrape it up or split on the check.


|| Bikeboy 4:20 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment