The Din of Inequity

The Din of Inequity

...yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Still Pouring

I don't have time really to write, as you'll soon see, but I just had to take my mind off things around here.

My life continues unabated, as does the bitching, as you'll soon see.

I've got three major deadlines this month, any one of which would be enough to keep me busy the whole time. So of course the mail server just went tits up, which I, also of course, have to fix. I've called the Geeks (really, that's part of the name) and, well basically, they are so fired once this is over. Not only is our well-documented problem totally news to our usual tech, but they're also not expecting to be able to get him here until tomorrow. I suggested that this would be, ahem, unpopular around here, and they came back whining about how they're "down two techs today." Like that's my fucking problem. I suppose I should expect this from a company that answers the phone, "Hello."

Now, of course, I have to go to physical therapy with the email still down. Nothing makes me feel like an asshole like leaving the office when everyone here is twiddling their thumbs waiting for the server to come back online. Still, this is the first appointment, and it took two weeks to get it, so no way am I missing it. There's nothing I can do to fix the server myself anyway, but I think it gives that "I don't give a shit" message a little more strongly than is actually true.

Finally, and I'm sure to cover this more later, my Mom is really sick. She had a kidney transplant 11 years ago, and she's rejecting it. They think it'll be possible to arrest or slow down the process, but no guarantees at this point. So I get to spend my mental free time as an emotional basket case. Good thing I don't actually have any free time right now.


|| Bikeboy 2:44 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment