The Din of Inequity

The Din of Inequity

...yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Friday, February 17, 2006

We're also installing screen doors on all submarines...

This, as always, from Yahoo!:

U.S. sends ships to help landslide victims

Uh huh. We're also sending good sturdy boots to people who are drowning. Aren't landslides like, I don't know, on LAND?

Sheesh.

Yes, I know that's not what it's about, but who writes these stupid headlines? Wouldn't something like "US Sends Military to Help Landslide Victims," or even, "US Sends Aid to Landslide Victims" be just as good, and a lot less stupid-looking? Note also the correct, pedant-approved capitalization of my headlines. I usually just fix Yahoo!'s poor capitalization before posting, but this time I just did a cut and paste.

Don't even get me started on the whole "Cartoon Protesters" and "Cartoon Violence" stuff they've been putting up the last two weeks. The images of Mickey and Goofy burning Danish flags and generally busting shit up is more than my poor bewildered brain can take.


|| Bikeboy 3:16 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment